CAREER READINESS OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUTH
Paid and Unpaid Internships
Job Shadowing/Workplace Mentoring
Specialized Summer Employment Opportunities
College & Career Planning
Career Guest Speakers
Company Field Trips
Teacher Externship Experiences (enhancing academic curricula)
Click here for regional examples of Career Readiness activities!
BERKSHIRE COUNTY EMPLOYER PERCEPTIONS OF THE REGION’S WORK-AND-LEARNING PROGRAMS
- “Tyler was a wonderful intern, being a youth I didn’t expect much from him – basic skills wise. But he was able to go above and beyond. His interactions with staff and the individuals we serve was amazing! He is able to go with the ever-changing flow of human services easily and is always on time and ready to work. I have informed him to use me as a job reference in the future. Thanks again for allowing us to participate in such a great community program.
-United Cerebral Palsy
- “We at the school are continuously impressed with the work ethic and determination of the youth participants. They have been a great asset and bring new and fresh ideas to the workplace.”
- “Myself and my colleagues are very grateful for this program. It helps our youth enter the workplace. I find the youth to be so willing to learn about the senior clients here and how all of our programs work.”
-Ralph J. Froio Senior Center
- “We have been participating in the Youth Works Program for several years and have not been disappointed. It is a win-win experience.”
-Crowne Plaza Hotel
- “We find work and learning programs to be a win-win. We try to provide the youth we are hosting with experience and skill development and hope that it will bring confidence to the youth in return. At the same time, the youth provide us with their time, talent and fresh perspective!”
-Assessors Office, City of Pittsfield
- “Our entire staff was excited to be part of mentoring a youth from our community. As a manager, it actually brought my team together and increased their leadership skills.”
-Bisque, Beads & Beyond
- “Our high school intern is a great worker and is very reliable. We enjoy having him on board!”
– Cook Builders
- “I think it’s a great opportunity for the students to be exposed to careers before actually pursuing them.”
-Dr. Gene E Messenger’s Office, North Adams
- “We enjoy working with the youth, and see the value it brings to them, to the organization and our members.”
– Dalton CRA
- We appreciate the students’ perspectives and opinions on issues that our office/region faces on a daily basis.
– Representative Pignatelli’s Office, Lenox
- “It is a wonderful program that benefits not only the community but also the employees and employers. We were able to get some great tasks completed at our building this summer and hopefully taught our youth useful skills for his future.”
-All Ways Moving & Storage, Pittsfield
Please visit www.Berkshirejobs4youth.org for more details on the BCREB’s Employer Engagement Initiative!
Click here to view the Berkshire Jobs4Youth brochure.